When it comes to New Year’s resolutions, the common notion is that most people give up after the first few weeks. Have you ever considered making a reading resolution? Reading is fun, simple, inexpensive, and rewarding as well as a resolution you can stick to.
The simple resolution is to “Read more.” This is a great start but I challenge you to set specific reading goals. Here are a few ideas:
- Read more classics
- Complete a reading challenge (check out the Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge)
- Try a new genre
- Set a numbers goal (books, pages, hours)
- Go to the library more
- Join a book club (and make new friends while you’re at it)
- Complete a Best Books of 2015 list
- Improve your reading speed and comprehension by taking the Rev It Up Reading Online Course
And you won’t be alone – even authors are setting reading resolutions for 2016. So ready your glasses, prepare your mind, and grab your library card. Let’s make 2016 a year of remarkable reading!