Get more reading done this summer, and always
In tip number one, I talked about scheduling time in your calendar to get your reading done. I hope you have taken that tip to heart! Additionally, here are a few others that might help:
- Carry material with you wherever you go – in your car, on your phone, in your briefcase, etc. You never know when you’ll have a few free minutes.
- Watch less (or no) TV! If you watch an hour or more of television a day (which many of us do), just think how much reading you could get done if you swapped TV time with reading just a few days a week.
- Intentionally arrive early for classes or appointments and use that time to read.
- Get up earlier than usual to squeeze in some quiet reading time before the onslaught of the day.
- Unsubscribe to personally invaluable materials so you don’t waste your reading time on useless material.
- Read at your peak time(s) of day – your most mentally awake and alert times. If you are a morning person, make some time then. If you are a night owl, carve out time after dark.
- Let your ears do the reading – download audiobooks, podcasts, and other materials recorded on audio to listen and learn from while walking, working out, driving, etc.
- Upgrade your reading skills so no matter how much time you do spend, you get a lot accomplished! (The Rev It Up Reading Online Course can support you in this effort.)
If you have another great way of fitting more reading into your day, I’d love to hear about it. Email me at Abby@RevItUpReading.com